What is the People’s Express Cancellation Policy?
To avoid excessive cancellations for scheduled transportation trips, the following policy has been adopted by People’s Express to help us better serve you and keep costs down. People’s Express defines a cancellation as any scheduled trip that is:
- CALLED OFF less than one (1) full business day before the trip or
- Failure to appear for scheduled trip and/or complete the trip ONCE THE DRIVER HAS ARRIVED AT YOUR DESIGNATED PICK-UP LOCATION
Business days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Calls received on voicemail after 2:00 PM are considered to be the next business day.
- Three (3) cancellations within a 30 day period will result in a 30 day suspension of transportation services.
- After the first suspension, cancellation of only two (2) days during a 30 day period will result in a 60 day suspension of services.
- Cancellation beyond this will jeopardize your privilege to ride the People’s Express on a permanent basis.
How much does the People’s Express cost?
Your price may vary depending on your location, where you want to go, and the time of day. During non-peak hours (pickups between 10:00 am – 2:00 pm), seniors and persons with disabilities can ride for half the price of the full price of the ride. Per the State of Michigan, a senior is described as 65 years of age or older.
Does the People’s Express operate on Holidays?
The People’s Express is closed on the following days:
- New Years Eve (Half Day)
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve (Half Day)
- Christmas Day